1. What is pest control? Pest control refers to the process by which pests are minimized and/or eliminated from your living area. Integrated Pest Management.
2. How often should I have pest treatments conducted? At Defence Pest Management, we recommend regular pest inspections. Treatments for ants, spiders, cockroaches and other common pests should be done once a year.
3. How often should I have a termite inspection conducted? Termite inspections should be completed every 12 months. Treatments to be administered as required.
4. Can I do pest control myself? Although it is possible to control pests to a small degree using do-it-yourself (DIY) methods, the likelihood of recurrence and of missing out on a significant portion of the problem is high. Additionally, some pests absolutely require professional control and cannot be managed using DIY tactics alone.
5. How much do pest inspections and control methods cost? The price that you will pay for having pest inspections and various control methods completed on your home will depend on a lot of different factors. The degree of the problem plays a huge part in how much you will have to pay. Also, please keep in mind that termite control is generally more expensive than most other kinds of pest control. You will need to receive a quote before you will have any firm idea about how expensive your particular situation will be.
6. Which pests do you provide treaments for? At Defence Pest Management, we offer treatments for a huge variety of common pests. Some of the most popular ones are termites, rodents, bees, ants, spiders, bird lice, cockroaches, fleas and much more.
7. Do you offer real estate services? Absolutely. We offer a complete suite of competitively priced real estate services, allowing those buying or selling real estate to have the inspections they need done in a timely, efficient – and effective – manner. No matter what your real estate pest control needs are, Defence Pest Management can help.
8. How do I know if I have a termite problem? Although you may notice many telltale signs in and around your house that termites are afoot, it is important to note that a lot of the damage can go undetected for many months – or even years. The only sure way to know that you don’t have a termite problem is by having a comprehensive termite inspection of the premises conducted.
9. What is the most effective termite treatment? Liquid termiticides are a very effective way to treat a termite infestation. They act as a sort of chemical barrier and work best for subterranean termites, or timber pests. By treating the soil, the habitat of these termites is effectively destroyed and they die off.
Baiting is another very effective termite treatment. The bait is made out of cardboard, paper or another cellulose-based food that termites like. It is laced with poison then placed below ground where its slow acting poison kills the pests.
10. How long will a termite treatment last? Generally speaking, liquid termite treatments can last and be effective for up to five years. However, your individual circumstances may vary, and more frequent applications may be necessary. Give us a call for more specific information.