Termites cause billions of dollars in damage each year. They primarily feed on wood, but also damage paper, books, insulation, and even swimming pool liners and filtration systems. Besides the monetary impact, thousands of winged termites emerging inside one’s home are an emotionally trying experience. Termite control in Brisbane is necessary to make the premises safe and healthy for the residents. There are a number of steps that can be taken for the removal of termites. Also, there are many termite control and pest inspection companies that use the right equipment and expertise for complete termite eradication.
Termites prefer to live underground and are very secretive in the way they operate. They will investigate and find the easiest route into a buffet of timber work. They work in tens of thousands, therefore, if not treated, they can eat their way through a whole house in less than three months. Termites in Australia are the cause of more damage to a home than fire, storms, floods and tempest combined.
To prevent termites you can put into practice some of the tips below.
- Keep moisture out of your house. Termites are attracted to moist conditions.
- Periodically get your gutters cleaned in order to prevent any growth.
- Termites enter through the tiniest cracks and wedges, so make sure to seal any of these if you notice them.
- Create sand barriers to keep out subterranean termites as they cannot make tunnels through sand.
If you suspect you already have termites, it is best to call a professional pest control service. In Australia the problem is massive and termites are the biggest cause structural problems in suburban and rural homes. Using a termite eradication specialist has an associated cost however the process is necessary and far less expensive than having to deal with potential structural damage. The simple solution is to have your property periodically inspected to ensure sure there are no termites present. There are a number of treatments to remove termites and pests. Some of these include:
– Liquid treatments. These can be directly sprayed on the surface.
– Borate treatment is a paint-like substance that is applied to wood.
– Fumigation is the most commonly known, but is usually a last resort because it involves leaving your home for over a day.
Additionally, other treatments are available to deal with termite infestation in small areas.
Termites can destroy wood in little or no time at all, which is why you should always do what you can to have your home treated as soon as you suspect any form of termite infestation. Additionally, if you know a home has been infested with termites in the past, it is important that pest inspections in Brisbane are carried out regularly.